Saturday, February 25, 2006

06:00 Channel 230 -- DIY, Do It Yourself

"Workin' on the Railroad"

K: This is about building model trains. Excellent. I'm all in favor of geeky hobbies, so this is awesome. Model trains are one of the few geeky hobbies I haven't tried. I do/have done: comic books, stamps, coins, crosswords, jigsaw puzzles. Just last week I bought a paint-by-numbers.


B: My brother was into model trains. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I was forced to go to the hobby shop because he wanted to look at things.

4 Comments:

Blogger Frank Zappai said...

reminds me of the line in the movie Best in Show where the woman says, "Thank god for the model trains! or otherwise they wouldn't have had the idea for the big trains!"

I've always loved that line.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Mikkel said...

Shit, have I missed the whole thing?? AAARGH!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Ricky D said...

That line was from A Mighty Wind...

11:06 AM  
Blogger Frank Zappai said...

oops, right. 24 hours of pressure must have gotten to me.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home