Friday, March 26, 2010

01:50 Escape from the Planet of the Apes 1973HT

As the commission decides to abort Zira's baby and "humanely" sterilize them, the apes make their escape. This movie moves fast! Too bad about killing that orderly, though.

"Goodnight, Charlie." And the fun stuff in this movie is pretty much over.

HASSLEINNNNN!

How long was Zira pregnant for anyway?

Prediction: this is not going to end well. (I'm from the future. I know things.)

According to Leonard Nimoy's second book "I AM Spock", Ricardo Montalban used his own actual chest in Star Trek II.

Tender scene of the baby swap with Heloise. Of course, when I saw this movie as a kid, I didn't realize they were doing the baby swap. Now? Still probably wouldn't.

B1-66er spots Mulholland Drive as a shooting location.

Eric "Hasslein" Braeden: "I enjoyed working on the Apes film. Plus, I didn't have to put on one of those damn masks." Fucker.

Hasslein, lying to the last. "I've been empowered by the commission to take care of your baby."

YES! DIE, HASSLEIN!

Nearly 40 years later, I am moved all over again.

And we love the Apes font.

1 Comments:

Blogger rassmguy said...

Now you see why Escape is my favorite of the five films.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home