Friday, March 26, 2010

05:40 Escape from Tomorrow (TV) 3085HT

TV series, woohoo! I know I watched this occasionally, but I don't remember a thing about it. Stylistically it looks and sounds like the original movie. Good choice.

Wait, how is there a dog? Is that to be explained? According to Timeline of the Planet of the Apes, no. It's just a massive continuity error that was never explained or retconned.

Two other giant continuity errors: humans are talking and shouldn't be, and New York is shown in a book as un-destroyed in 2503.

"No bones broken. I checked." Oh yes?

Wow! Super duper western actor Royal Dano as an old man who befriends the astronauts.

1 Comments:

Blogger rassmguy said...

Well, the talking humans aren't really a problem--this is 900 years before the first film, and it's on the other coast.

As for the dog... yeah, that one is a bit more of an issue. But that, too, is easy to retcon, as I noted in the encyclopedia--basically, some of the dogs survived. And that makes sense, really--some would have.

I love the TV series, Marc Singer's bad acting and all. ("Killing is bad. Killing is wrong. I must tell my people. Killing...is bad.")

--Rich

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home