Saturday, March 27, 2010

11:45 "The Deception" (TV Series) 3085HT

For some reason I love the imagery, oft-repeated in this series, of apes riding horses on the beach. Do not judge me.

Oh, but they're nasty apes burning down human huts. I am sad. Galen asks "Why? Why?" Apropos of nothing, The Kinks' "Ape Man" starts playing in my head. I'm sure it will stay for awhile.

This ep is a thin metaphor for the KKK, the kind of thing Star Trek used to do so well. I'll credit the PotA movies and TV series with at least daring to go to interesting places.

Watching all these in a row reveals the frequent reuse of sets.

This one's kind of draggy again. Fauna is a bit of a drag. I don't want to dis her too much, though, because she tragically lost both her father and her sight. It would be bad karma.

Galen is so cool. He comes up with a different fake name every episode. What a character. This time he's infiltrating the ape KKK.

3 Comments:

Blogger suttonhoo said...

enjoying the stream and wondering too about those horses -- do they show up across all the movies or mostly in the series? (right: I'm a POTA neophyte. clearly. teach me.)

really effective as an immediate emotional hook into the Western genre.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Scott Knaster said...

They're in the movies, especially the first two, which the TV show is stylistically modeled after. On a much smaller budget. :)

6:51 AM  
Blogger rassmguy said...

Galen's scenes with the Dragoons are, for me, a high point in the TV series. MacDoawll was the best thing about that show--which is basically The Fugitive, with apes.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home