Tuesday, February 28, 2006

24HoTV: the aftermath

What else is on?

Watching TV for 24 hours in a row with the estimable B1-66er and my own son Biggy was great fun. I experienced moments of incredible absurdity, sleep-deprived paranoia, and the unexpected restorative power of Totino's Pizza Rolls at 6 in the morning. I learned things: Dubbel Zout means double salt, the Hour of Power is still going, and there is a candy dispenser called Pooping Santa. I had a great time, and I'm thrilled that we actually did it. I did not think I could get through the 24 hours with so little sleep (checking the logs, it looks like I conked for about 30 minutes).

But, ultimately, even though I had a blast, after the Punky Chips Ahoy and the Spanish Rugrats and multiple Joe Pantoliano movies, I'm unsatisfied. There is more TV out there that I haven't seen. And I guess that means we'll have to figure out a way to do it again.

Just not today.

2 Comments:

Blogger b1-66er said...

right on.

3:15 PM  
Blogger ThePoetryMan said...

"If any look upon us, asking why we kneeled down,
Can we not say we acted with all our power
To rid us this murderer of countless man
Whose sword slaughters from within?"


full poem... Unknown Liberty

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home