Tuesday, February 28, 2006

24HoTV: the aftermath

What else is on?

Watching TV for 24 hours in a row with the estimable B1-66er and my own son Biggy was great fun. I experienced moments of incredible absurdity, sleep-deprived paranoia, and the unexpected restorative power of Totino's Pizza Rolls at 6 in the morning. I learned things: Dubbel Zout means double salt, the Hour of Power is still going, and there is a candy dispenser called Pooping Santa. I had a great time, and I'm thrilled that we actually did it. I did not think I could get through the 24 hours with so little sleep (checking the logs, it looks like I conked for about 30 minutes).

But, ultimately, even though I had a blast, after the Punky Chips Ahoy and the Spanish Rugrats and multiple Joe Pantoliano movies, I'm unsatisfied. There is more TV out there that I haven't seen. And I guess that means we'll have to figure out a way to do it again.

Just not today.

1 Comments:

Blogger b1-66er said...

right on.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home